Professional teeth whitening may be the best option if you’re looking for a teeth whitening solution that will last a long time. While home whitening products can work well in some cases, they often don’t deliver the same results as professional teeth whitening treatments.
Professional teeth whitening treatments use intense light and heat to remove stains from your teeth. This process can take a few hours, but it’s usually worth it because professional teeth whitening treatments are more effective than home whitening products and last longer.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process by which teeth are lightened or bleached. It is most commonly used to improve the appearance of teeth and can be done at home using products such as bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Whitening treatments typically last between two and four weeks but can vary depending on the product used and the individual’s skin type.
The Different Types of Whitening Treatment
Many types of whitening treatments are available on the market today, so it can be challenging to know which one is best for you. Here are four types of whitening treatments and their corresponding duration:
1. Laser Whitening Treatment: This type of treatment uses a laser to break down the color pigment in your teeth. Laser whitening treatments typically last between two and six months, but they can vary depending on the laser used and your specific skin and dental complexion.
2. Whitening Pens: These pens deliver a light, safe signal that stimulates tooth bleaching products to work more effectively. Whitening pens typically last between one and four weeks, but they may require multiple uses to achieve the desired results.
3. Whitening Gel: This whitening gel is applied directly to teeth using a brush or applicator, and it works by removing surface stains while leaving the underlying tooth structure intact. Whitening gels typically last between two and six weeks, but they may require multiple applications to achieve the desired result.
*(4. Whitening Strips: These strips use activated charcoal to remove surface stains and discolorations while also stimulating the tooth bleaching process. Whitening strips typically last between one and two weeks, but they may require multiple applications to achieve the desired result.
5. Acetone Whitening Treatment: This treatment uses a solvent to remove surface stains and discolorations. Acetone whitening treatments typically last between one and two hours, but they may require multiple applications to achieve the desired result.
6. Coffee Bean Extract Whitening Treatment: This type of treatment uses coffee bean extract to stimulate the tooth bleaching process. Coffee bean extract treatments typically last between one and two weeks, but they may require multiple applications to achieve the desired results.
How do professional teeth whitening work?
Professional teeth whitening works by removing the outer layer of your teeth’s enamel. The enamel is a complex, protective mineral that covers your teeth’s surface. This process can take anywhere from one to two hours and will require several sessions to achieve the desired results.
During whitening, the whitening gel is applied to your teeth and then gradually worked into the surface of your teeth. The gel contains bleaching agents that will break down the enamel and lighten your teeth. By controlling the amount of time the gel is left on your teeth, you can achieve different levels of whitening.
After professional teeth whitening, you may experience some temporary sensitivity to the touch, mild tooth sensitivity, or even a mild tingling sensation. These symptoms will usually disappear within a few days.
How Long Does Professional Teeth Whitening Last?
Professional teeth whitening treatments can last anywhere from a few weeks to several months, depending on the severity of your staining and how often you visit the dentist for cleanings and checkups. The key is to maintain a consistent care plan with your whitening treatment, including regular visits to the dentist for cleanings and checkups.
What to Expect During a Professional Teeth Whitening Session?
When you book a teeth whitening appointment with a professional, you can expect the following:
- An evaluation of your teeth and gums to determine which type of whitening is best for you.
- Customized treatment plan based on your teeth and skin tone.
- Preparation of teeth whitening gel or paste according to your chosen methodology.
- Application of the whitening solution or paste to your teeth and gums.
- Regular monitoring and checking of results.
Tips for maintaining teeth whiteness
If you’re looking to maintain your teeth’s white color, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Use whitening toothpaste every day. Not only will this help remove surface stains and discolorations, but it will also increase the effectiveness of professional teeth whitening treatments.
2. avoid eating or drinking anything that could stain your teeth (soda, red wine, etc.). Staining can lead to browning and eventual tooth decay.
3. avoid smoking and using tobacco products, which can stain your teeth.
4. Get regular dental checkups to ensure that your teeth stay healthy and white!
The after-effects of professional teeth whitening
Whitening treatments can last anywhere from a few hours to several days. The longer the treatment, the more noticeable the whitening will be. However, remember that the whitening effects will slowly wear off over time. After a few days, you’ll see some of your original teeth’ color return.
If you want to get your teeth whitened professionally, there are a few things to remember. First and foremost, pick the correct type of teeth whitening treatment. There are several types available on the market these days, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Once you determine which type of bleaching is right for you, schedule an appointment with your dentist or cosmetic dentist as soon as possible. Waiting too long can lead to missed opportunities and potential problems.